Proper nutrition for the good health of cats
There is no doubt that all creatures on this earth need an adequate diet to live, to strengthen their energy, health, and activity, and of course, this includes humans and animals alike. There is no living organism capable of continuing without dealing with the daily rations of some types of food. Cats are considered one of the beloved creatures of most people, and their shape and degree of beauty vary according to their ancestry.
The American cat with short hair, the Persian cat, the Shirazi cat, and the Siamese are among the most famous cats.
And they are keen to take care of it remarkably; So they prepare the appropriate food for her, and take care of her daily cleanliness without tiring because the presence of cats next to them makes them feel happy and people,
However, some people are ignorant of the nature of the appropriate food for cats of all kinds, so they provide them with food that is not suitable for them, which causes health problems for them. The forms of cat food available in the market are dry food.
Dry food contains many natural components that are beneficial to cats’ bodies, such as grains and their derivatives, meat, dairy products, and fiber, and the percentage of moisture ranges from 6-10%.
The effectiveness of dry food in preserving the health of teeth and bones has been proven, and it may be desirable for many people due to its low cost and low cost.
On the other hand, cats are mainly carnivorous, so the digestive system is not equipped to receive large quantities of the fibers and starches present in it.
Proper nutrition for the good health of cats semi-wet food
Food semi-wet is the meat, and its derivatives are the essential ingredient for such fare. The ratio of moisture is almost 35%. At the average cost, it is possible to contain amounts of sugar or salt in larger quantities of dry food; it also has a chemical to save materials Food and added colors.
In canned food, the percentage of moisture in it is 75%, and it is the preferred type among cats and the most expensive among other species. And it is possible that this form of food can cause some gum disease in cats.
Food suitable for cats There are many types of foods ideal for cats, which are easy to prepare and present to them at home,
Among them are the following:
• Red meat: Cats by their nature prefer to eat red meat, and it should be served cooked for them. Either grilled or baked, or boiled, alone or with sauce (gravy), and maybe added little to the mashed potatoes to the percentage increase potassium in the body, and reduce urine odors emanating from them in the house, they do not mind providing meat and the portions of fat White because cats love it first and because the nature of building their body requires an amount of fat to be in their daily diet. However, you should avoid offering raw meat to the cat.
Because eating it increases its ferocity, it must also be noted that there are few types of cats, such as the Shirazi, that hate to eat meat, and it is not appropriate for them to eat them at all.
• Liver: Many people are keen to offer the cat because they know how much cats love it. It can eat a large amount of cooked liver; in addition to that, it is an essential source of nourishing the cat with essential vitamins and minerals.
• White meats: chicken, rabbits, and fish. Chicken meat is one of the favorite foods for the majority of cats, so if it is offered cooked or grilled, they enjoy eating it, and the source of white meat for cats provides them with the calcium necessary to build their body, as well as fish offers them with many nutrients such as phosphorous, proteins and vitamins. Dairy products: cheese and milk are the essential foods suitable for cats. As cheese supplies them with calcium, fats, and proteins, milk is an appropriate food for cats in the first months of their life.
• Spinach: it is a source of many vitamins, such as vitamins A, K, and C, and it is rich in iron and calcium minerals, just as spinach works to protect the lining of the digestive system from the damage caused by the urinary system. , He should avoid feeding him
• eggs: eggs are a good source of protein and vitamin B, and they should be served to the cat cooked.
• Melon: Melon contains a high percentage of anti-oxidants, as well as beta-carotene, which helps in maintaining eye and skin health.
• Bananas: Bananas contain a high proportion of potassium and soluble fiber, making them healthy light food for cats.
• Oats: Oats are an essential source of energy and vitamin B.
Proper nutrition for good cat health
• Bread: Bread is a good source of protein and fiber, but care must be taken in the amount administered. They have to be small so as not to cause diarrhea.
• Apples: Apples contain high proportions of fibers and vitamin C, making them a suitable food, taking into account the removal of the outer skin.
• Berries: Raspberries are a good source of vitamins A and C.
• Peas: The pea plant contains vitamin A, C, and fiber. Food harmful to cats many foods pose a threat to the health of cats, and among these foods:
Onions and garlic: It is considered very dangerous to give cats foods that contain onions and garlic. Because they contain sulfur compounds, which may cause the red blood cells to break down, leading to anemia.
• Raw eggs: Make sure to cook eggs before serving them to anyone. To ensure that it is free of salmonella bacteria, just as the egg white contains the substance avidin that works to stop the absorption of vitamin B.
• Alcoholic drinks: Alcoholic drinks cause many problems for cats, including alcohol poisoning that can destroy their lives.
• Caffeine: Caffeine increases the amount of urine, stimulates the nervous system, and speeds up the heartbeat, just as chocolate is considered a harmful substance to cats because it contains caffeine and theobromine that may cause a cat’s disease.
Raw fats: Meat and fish fats are among the most harmful foods to cats because of the problems they may cause, such as vomiting, diarrhea, and inflammation in the pancreas, as raw fats contain a number of their skin, and the raw facts do not contain a number of their skin. Grapes and raisins: Raisins are considered one of the foods harmful to cats due to the possibility of sudden kidney failure in cats, and among the most important symptoms that may appear on the cat within 24 hours, raisins and raisins are: Candy: Sweets are considered harmful substances to cats because they contain xylitol, which can cause an increase in blood sugar, failure of liver function, and the symptoms that cats may vomit and vomit. Milk containing lactose: Since the cat is not able to break down and digest lactose when she reaches puberty, her consumption of milk containing lactose may lead to diarrhea
• Raw fats: Meat and fish fats are among the most harmful foods for cats because of the problems they may cause, such as vomiting, diarrhea, and inflammation in the pancreas, as raw fats contain several skin sticks, so they do not contain several skin fats.
•Grapes and raisins: Raisins are considered one of the foods harmful to cats due to the possibility of sudden kidney failure in cats, and among the most important symptoms that may appear on the cat within 24 hours.
• Dessert: Sweets are considered harmful to cats because they contain xylitol, which can cause an increase in blood sugar, failure of liver function, and symptoms that may develop in cats.
• Milk containing lactose: Since the cat cannot break down and digest lactose when she reaches puberty, her consumption of milk containing lactose may lead to diarrhea.